War of Emperium
After 1000 years of cautious relations, Rune-Midgarts Kingdom and Republic of Schwartzvald signed a mighty friendship treaty. Noticing the weakening of the castles, the monster armies marched and taken control of the castles in all major towns causing a real threat to the Kingdom. "The castles and the treasures on them are properties for those who deserve them. And whoever control the castles with the legendary Emperium stone, will be considered the kingdom Knights of honor." -King Tristan III
With these words the kingdom entered a new era of war...The War of Emperium.
Will the land be saved? Or is it going to get ruined by the human greed?
So what is the War of Emperium?
The War of Emperium is a game feature that allows guilds to fight in order to conquer a Castle to be the headquarters for the guild, and get benefits and special advantages.
Owning a Castle gives your guild several benefits. First off, there is a special Guild Dungeon accessible to everyone in the guild. These dungeons have several strong monsters that in some cases do not spawn in the normal world. Secondly, every night, 4 or more (depending on the economy of the castle) treasure boxes will appear in the castle giving useful items and equipments.
4 castles are available in each realm as of War of Emperium update:
- North of Prontera lies the Valkyrie realm
- West of Payon lies the Balder realm
- One west and one south of Geffen lies the Britoniah realm
- West of Al De Baran lies the Luina realm
Currently for this server we are limiting it to one castle from the Valkyrie realm and will rotate it every so often if the population grows this is subject to change.
- All players are allowed to enter WoE castles.
- Only players belonging to a guild with the Official Guild Approval skill can damage an emperium.
- The emperium will only be available at certain hours a week, dependent on server. These periods are known as WoE periods. The castles are still accessible outside of these hours.
- At the beginning of WoE, characters from guilds other than the castle owner will be teleported out.
The character to deal the last hit against the Emperium claims the castle. All characters with a different guild, allied or not, will be warped out at that point. Only normal attacks can damage the emperium, as all active skills miss (except Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field). After a castle is claimed, other guilds can immediately re-enter and attempt to break the emperium. The last owner before the emperium disappears at the end of the WoE period holds it until the next period.
Guild mates and Allied Guilds are considered allies in castles and can not attack each other. Members cannot be expelled, and alliances cannot be broken, by members inside a castle.
The owning guild of a castle has several advantages. Guardians are summoned upon the request of the castle owner's guild leader. They will automatically attack all non-allied characters. Guild members can also click on Flags outside of the castle to be instantly teleported to a specific location inside the castle.
The follow skills cannot be cast within castles:
- Cultivate Plant
- Endure effect(still gives to you +10 MDEF bonus)
- Ice Wall
- Warp Portal
- Movement skills ((such as Backslide, and Body relocation))
Skills cast outside the castle will not disappear upon entering. Using items that activate the skill will also fail, but Autocast equipment can grant the skills in a castle.
Battle Mechanic Changes
- Flee is reduced by 20%.
- Long range normal attacks are reduced by 25%.
- All skill-based damage except Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field is reduced by 50%.
- Traps last 4 times as long.
- All knock back effects are disabled. Some skills like Cicada Skin Shed, Shadow Leap and Phantom Thrust may lose some functionality due to this.
- Equipment preventing skills to be canceled during casting (phen card and similar items) do not function.
Other Gameplay Changes
- /noctrl does not work; players must hold down the mouse button for normal attacks.
- Damage numbers do not appear.
- /mineffect is automatically activated.
- A character's guild emblem is shown above their head.
- Death does not cause experience loss.
Each realm has a Guild Dungeon areas which can be accessed via NPC in each castle. Guild Dungeon in which death will still cause experience loss like normal dungeons. All castles within a single realm share the same dungeon, causing players of opposing guilds the opportunity to meet.
Every day at 12:00 AM at server time, the Treasure Boxes spawn in a room accessible only by the guild leader from a NPC in each castle. Items drop from these boxes, and drop rate-improving items may assist in obtaining rares. Steal does not function here.
The guildmates of Castle holding guild will recover HP/SP at a faster rate inside the Castle.
A butler NPC is provided in each castle for the guild leader to manage the castle. The following functions may be influenced by what Guild Skills are available.
|Invest in Commerce Development||Invest to increase the castle's economy. Every 5 points on investment adds one new treasure box to the castle's master room. The type of treasure box alternates between the two available at that castle.|
|Invest in Defense||Increase your castle's defense by investing in it. Each point of defense investment will improve the Guardian HP and Emperium HP by an unknown amount, and also improve the defense and attack power of the guardians by an unknown amount.|
|Hire Guardians||Hire a guardian to ease the task of guarding your guild's castle. The guild must have the Guardian Research Skill in order to do this.|
|Hire Kafra Employee||Hire/fire Kafra NPCs inside the castle. Through the employed Kafra NPC, guild members can use the Kafra storage free of charge. The guild must have the Contract with Kafra skill in order to do this.|
|Enter Master Room||Enter the room where treasure boxes spawn.|
Other important notes
- If you disband your guild you lose all your castles and they return to not being owned.
- Castles that have lost it's owner and becomes empty spawns monsters inside of it.
- Changing guild leaders makes emergency call restart its delay of five minutes.